1. Natural cork: This is the noble cork in cork. It is the highest quality cork. It is a cork made of one or several pieces of natural cork. It is mainly used for sealing non-gassy wines and wines with long storage period. It is no wonder that wine sealed with natural stoppers has been stored for decades and has been recorded for more than a century.
2. Packing plug: This is a kind of lower status in the cork family. It is the same origin as the natural race, but because of its relatively poor quality, the impurities in the holes on the surface of the cork will affect the quality of the wine. The cork powder and binder mixture is applied evenly on the cork surface to fill the defects and breathing holes of the cork. This cork is usually used to preserve lower-quality wines.
3. Polymerization plug: It is a cork plug made of cork particles and adhesives. According to the different processing technology, it can be divided into sheet polymer plug and bar polymer plug.
4. Polymerization stopper: It is made of cork particles pressed into boards and processed. Its physical properties are close to natural stoppers and its glue content is low. It is a better kind of stopper. However, the production cost of this kind of stopper is relatively high and it is widely used in developed countries.
5. Bar Polymerization Plug: It is processed by pressing cork particles into bars. This kind of bottle plug has high glue content and inferior quality to the sheet Polymerization Plug, but its production cost is low, and it is widely used in developing countries.
6. Composite plug: Composite cork plug made by a special process. The content of cork particles is more than 51%. Its properties and uses are similar to those of polymer plug.
7. Patch cork: A natural cork wafer or two pieces of natural cork wafers are pasted at one or both ends of the polymer cork or synthetic cork, usually with 0+1 cork, 1+1 cork, 2+2 cork, etc. The contact part of the cork is made of natural material. The cork has the characteristics of natural cork and is superior to the sealing performance of the polymer cork or synthetic cork. Because of its higher grade and lower cost than natural stoppers, it is a better choice for bottle stoppers. It can be used as a seal for high quality wine as natural stoppers.
8. Foaming bottle stopper: The non-contact part is processed by aggregation of 4 mm-8 mm cork particles, and the contact part is processed by two natural cork patches with a single thickness not less than 6 mm. Its sealing effect is good, mainly used for the sealing of sparkling wine, semi-sparkling wine and aerated wine.
9. Top stopper: also known as T-plug, is a cork with a large and small top. It can be cylindrical or vertebral shaped. It can be processed from natural cork or polymerized cork. The top material can be wood, plastic, ceramics or metal. This cork is mostly used to seal brandy wine. It is also used to seal yellow wine (old wine) and liquor in some parts of China.