Basic understanding of die casting
1. What is die casting?
Pressure casting is called die casting for short. Die casting is the process of using die casting die and machine equipment to rapidly fill the cavity under pressure, from liquid to solid, forming the required products.
2. What are the types of die casting?
The injection chamber can be divided into hot chamber die-casting (commonly used for zinc alloy die-casting) and cold chamber die-casting (commonly used for aluminum alloy die-casting). The pressure can be divided into low-pressure casting (such as automobile wheel shell) and pressure casting (commonly used for die-casting factory). The exhaust mode can be divided into ordinary die-casting and vacuum die-casting.
3. What are the die-casting alloy materials? What are their characteristics?
Commonly used suitable for die casting materials are: zinc alloy, aluminum alloy, magnesium alloy and copper alloy. They have the following characteristics: 1. Good fluidity in liquid state; 2. Relatively fixed melting point and freezing point; 3. Small shrinkage; 4. High temperature strength; 5. Good processing performance and corrosion resistance.
4. What are the main components of aluminum alloy die casting? What are the impurities?
Main ingredients: aluminum, silicon, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, etc.
Impurities include: iron, zinc, copper, tin, aluminum, sulfur, phosphorus, etc.
Different alloy brands have different requirements for their main components and impurities.
5. What are the main defects of die casting?
There are under casting (insufficient material), crack, deformation, cold separation, cold grain, shrinkage, air hole (sand hole), mechanical strain, die sticking strain, delamination, wrong mold, slag inclusion, surface cavitation, blistering, fleshy, lack of fleshy, etc.
6. What is the temperature of aluminum alloy liquid suitable for die casting?
7. What are the characteristics of die casting production?
(1) High production efficiency, mechanized or automatic production;
(2) Good product quality: A. high dimensional accuracy, high surface finish; B. good mechanical properties; C. good interchangeability; D. clear contour, thin and complex casting wall, high clarity of pattern, pattern, text, etc;
(3) Good economic effect: A. good economic index; B. low cost of die casting; C. parts combination;
(4) , die casting equipment, mold investment is high, not suitable for small batch production.